Seven academic research proposals among 71 applications, which will be granted in the frame of Turkey Human Rights Capacity Development Program in 2012 have been announced.
1. Research Topic: “Identification of affirmative action regulations for women in Turkish Law and evaluation of their effectiveness in practice”
Kasım Akbaş (Anadolu University –Law Faculty)
İlker Gökhan Şen (Anadolu University –Law Faculty)
2. Research Topic: “On the Internalization of Discrimination and HR Violations experienced in everyday life by the 2nd Generation of Internally Displaced Kurdish Women and their coping methods”.
Dilek Elçin Cavlan (Ankara University – Women Studies)
3. Research Topic: “A comparison of Turkish Constitutional Court and ECHR in terms of their attitudes towards and methods of inquiry on the ban on discrimination.”
Ulaş Karan (Bilgi University – Law Faculty)
4. Research Topic: “An evaluation of the disciplinary investigations faced by students in Turkish universities for activities that may be considered an exercise of their rights to freedom of expression and organization”
Zeynep Kıvılcı (Istanbul Univesity – Public Administration Department)
Hülya Dinçer (Marmara University – Law Faculty)
Esra Demir Gürsel (Marmara University – Law Faculty)
Gülşah Kurt Yücekul (Galatasaray University – Law Faculty)
Benan Molu (Lawyer)
5. Research Topic: “Evaluation of the exclusion of same-sex partnerships from the legal framework in Turkey”
İsmail Alacaoğlu (Ege University – Women Study)
Elif Ceylan Özsoy (Lawyer)
6. Research Topic: Analysis of the social prejudices and discrimination against women who committed crime; Identification of human rights violations against those women.
Fulya Giray (İstanbul University – Social Science Faculty, Department of Criminology)
Birgül Haznedaroğlu (İstanbul University – Social Science Faculty, Department of Criminology)
Aslı Aktaş Mitrani (Doğuş University – Psychology)
7. Research Topic: On the legal ground(lessness) and the cultural impact of violation of the right to education in mother tongue in Turkey.
Şükrü Aslan (Mimar Sinan University – Sociology Department)
Sinem Derya Çetinkaya