Apply for our scholarship* for a Master of Law in International Human Rights Law 2023-2025 at Lund University, Sweden.
Within the context of its planned Programme in Cambodia, and subject to confirmed funding from the Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency (Sida), the Raoul Wallenberg Institute of Human Rights and Humanitarian Law (RWI) announces scholarships for the Master of Law in International Human Rights Law (the Master Programme) at Lund University, Sweden, for up to two persons for the academic years 2023-2025.
For more than three decades, the Master Programme has been a cooperative venture of RWI and the Faculty of Law at Lund University, Sweden. Detailed information regarding the Programme can be found at http://www.lunduniversity.lu.se/lubas/i-uoh-lu-JAMR%C3%84
Two separate applications must be submitted in accordance with the details below. The first application relates to admission to the Master Programme, while the second application relates to the Scholarships. A person who applies for the Scholarship must have applied for the Master Programme in a timely manner and paid the application fee.
Application for the Master Programme
Application for the Master Programme is a long process. Applicants are therefore recommended to start to prepare the required documents and to fill in the on-line application as soon as possible.
The deadline for applying for the Master Programme is 16 January 2023.
Applications made after this date will not be considered. Information regarding the admission requirements and the application procedure for the Master Programme can be reached from the following links:
Application for Scholarships
Admission requirements for the Master Programme apply as eligibility requirements for the present Scholarships. In addition, applicants must be Cambodian citizens residing in Cambodia and be:
- Students/lecturers/researchers affiliated with an Academic Institution in Cambodia and/or
- Staff of a Cambodian Justice Sector Institution
Applicants who apply for the Scholarships offered by RWI must submit copies of the following documents to RWI email@example.com in an e-mail titled “RWI Scholarship for LL.M. in Lund 2023” no later than 1 February 2023.
Applications made after this date will not be considered.
Applicants should submit the following supporting documents (in English):
- Detailed Curriculum Vitae;
- Cover sheet of the application to the Master Programme (printed from the online application);
- Scholarship motivation letter (400-600 words) explaining why the applicant wishes to study the programme, how the applicant will use her/his knowledge in human rights upon return to Cambodia etc. (Note: the motivation letter shall not focus on human rights in general);
- Certificates/diplomas from studies at an internationally recognised higher education institution (including preparation year if applicable);
- Transcripts of completed courses and grades for each semester (including course list);
- Proof of English language skills – see https://www.universityadmissions.se/en/entry-requirements/english-language-requirements/
- Proof that the applicant is a student/lecturer/researcher affiliated with an Academic Institution and/or staff at a Justice Sector Institution in Cambodia;
- Copy of the applicant’s passport with her/his personal data and photograph;
- Two letters of recommendation. One of the recommendation letters should be from the academic institution/justice sector institution to which the applicant is affiliated.
Kindly note that all documents shall be signed and stamped by issuing institution or notary public.
The RWI Selection Committee will, subject to confirmed funding from Sida, select 2 persons who will receive the scholarships for the Master Programme. The Selection Committee will base its decision on submitted documents and possible interviews. The Selection Committee will select the persons they believe will be able to complete the Master Programme successfully and who, after graduation, will be able to contribute to the promotion and protection of human rights in Cambodia. Applicants from disadvantage backgrounds and/or RWI’s partner institutions in Cambodia might be prioritised.
Applicants must inform RWI at the latest on 20 April 2023 about the result of their application to the Master Programme. Only applicants who have been admitted to the Master Programme will be considered for the scholarships. RWI will inform successful Scholarship applicants about the decision of the Selection Committee at the latest on 30 April 2023.
The Scholarships cover:
- Reimbursement of the application fee to the Master Programme in International Human Rights Law, commencing in August/September 2023;
- Full Tuition fee for the Master Programme in lnternational Human Rights Law paid directly to Lund University
- One-time payment (lump sum) to cover travel costs for up to two flights between Cambodia and Sweden
- Visa application expenses
- A monthly subsistence allowance (stipend) from mid-August 2023 to mid-June 2025 (22 months in total) which will be paid monthly in advance.
- lnsurance provided by Lund University.
17 October 2022: Application round opens
16 January 2023: Application Deadline for the LL.M. in International Human Rights Law at Lund University
1 February 2023: Application Deadline for the RWI Scholarships (including submission of supporting documents)
30 March 2023: First notification of results of admission by Lund University
20 April 2023: Deadline for applicants to notify RWI regarding their admission offered by Lund University
30 April 2023: Notification of results of RWI’s Scholarships
28 August 2023: Master Programme in International Human Rights Law starts
For further information please contact Program Officer Marinet Sim: firstname.lastname@example.org
*For Students/Lecturers/Researchers/Legal professionals in Cambodia
Read more about our work in Cambodia here.