The topics of the workshop included the following:
- Creating a virtual library
- Finding Human Rights Resources on the Internet
- Networking –building bridges
- Cataloguing, classification and indexing
- Ways of purchasing books and journals
- Marketing of the library and policy issues
The target group for the workshop were NHRI staff members who are working in an professional capacity at the NHRIs’ Library or Resource Centre. The participants originate from all over Asia, including Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Jordan, Malaysia, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nepal, Palestine, Sri Lanka, Thailand, The Maldives and Timor-Leste.