Local Governments, Human Rights and Sustainable Development: Reimagining Human Rights Cities
The City of Gwangju is hosting the 9th World Human Rights Cities Forum, 30th September – 3rd October 2019. Since it was first held in 2011, World Human Rights Cities Forum has solidified its place as an international forum to learn, share and maximize the capacity of expertise and experience in the human rights arena, especially among the human rights cities.
In WHRCF 2019, the theme of “Local Governments and Human Rights” will be discussed while “Reimagining Human Rights Cities” in eight thematic sessions in addition to about 30 other sessions and events.
WHRCF 2019 is inviting researchers, activists, and graduate students to present papers on human rights under the theme of Local Governments, Human Rights and Sustainable Development. Approved submissions will be presented in the Senior Session for senior scholars, experienced human rights activists, and PhD holders or in the Junior Session for young researchers, human rights activists, and graduate students.
- July 22nd (Mon.) Abstract Submission Deadline
- July 30th (Tues.) Acceptance Notification
- Sep 15th (Sun.) Full Paper Submission
- Sep 25th (Wed.) Presentation Materials Submission
First send an e-mail in which you identify yourself, your affiliation, the title of your paper, and your contact information to email@example.com. Please attach an abstract within 400 words with no personal information and a brief CV in MS-Word format.
After acceptance notification, send a full presentation paper of less than 4,000 words. Words in bibliography is not counted. Papers are recommended to follow the APA stylesheet in MS-Word format.
– WHRCF 2019 will publish all chosen abstracts and full papers on its website.
– USD $120 will be sent to the presenters after deducting taxes.
– One day accommodation is provided to the presenters at the May 18 Education Center near the forum venue. Presenters will be responsible for additional stay at about $30.00 a day for one or two people.
– Each presenter will be given 15 minutes for presentation and 10 minutes for Q&A.
– Medium of presentation is English.
Submit cover letters, abstracts and final papers to firstname.lastname@example.org.