Are you interested in making your own podcasts? Cover events? Interview human rights experts or work with social media?
Then this internship might be something for you: RWI is seeking a full-time intern for the autumn term in Lund, Sweden, starting September until late January/early February. We prefer that you are enrolled in university and do this internship as part of your degree, as the internship is unpaid. There is also the possibility of doing this internship half time (20 hours a week) without university credit.
Under the supervision of the Head of the Communications Department your responsibility will be to:
- Provide support and be assigned tasks contributing to the overall work of the Unit
- Write and publish articles about our work for our website
- Podcast: interview our partners, lecturers and edit for publishing
- Social Media, mainly Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn
- Photograph our events, such as lectures and seminars
- Plan event
Through the internship, the intern will, from a communications perspective, become more familiar with the role that academic institutions play in promoting human rights and gain practical experience in writing articles, interviewing, taking pictures, doing podcasts and event planning. Upon completion of the internship, the intern is expected to write a brief report on the internship, also in order to provide input into the continuous evaluation and improvement of the Internship Programme.
Following completion of the internship, the intern will be provided with a certificate.
Qualifications and Eligibility Criteria:
- Fluent in English
- Well-organised and self-motivated with excellent writing skills
- Good know-how of social media, and be able to work in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment
- Applicants should be flexible and able to take on initiatives
- University students within journalism/communication programmes, as well as law/human rights/political science programmes are encouraged to apply
To apply, please send a letter of motivation, CV, and short writing sample to this link no later than June 20, 2018. For further information, please contact Gabriel.firstname.lastname@example.org, Head of Communications.
Expected start date:
September 2018 (exact date negotiable)
We look forward to your application!