Rolf Ring is the Deputy Director and Head of the Department for Administration and Finance. Prior to joining the Institute, he worked as a Project Co-ordinator for the Swedish Red Cross and served as an assistant to the Chair in International Law at the Faculty of Law, Lund University. He has experiences from designing, managing and monitoring international programmes as well as evaluations. Rolf holds a LL.M. from Lund University.
- LL.M (Lund University, with specialisation in international law)
- 1998-2000: Programme Manager, RWI
- 1989-1998: Programme Officer, RWI
- 1988-1989: Project Co-ordinator, Swedish Red Cross
- 1987-1988: Assistant to the Chair of International Law at the Faculty of Law, Lund University
- Release and Repatriation of Prisoners of War during the Hostilities, Paper for the Summer School on International Humanitarian Law, Warsaw, Poland, edited and published by the Dissemination and Co-operation Division ICRC, 1988.
- Release and Repatriation of Prisoners of War during and at the End of the Active Hostilities, Graduate Essay at the Law Faculty, University of Lund, 1991.
- Raoul Wallenberg institutets program för rättsutveckling i utvecklingsländer (The Raoul Wallenberg Institute’s Programme for Legal Development in Developing Countries), Mennesker og Rettigheter, Vol. 11, No 1, pp 94-96 (together with Mr M. Johansson).
- Article 13 in The Universal Declaration of Human Rights, a common standard of Achievement, edited by Gudmundur Alfredsson and Asbjörn Eide, Martinus Nijhoff Publishers, The Hague 1999.
- The Inspection Panel of the World Bank, A Different Complaints Procedure, co-edited with Gudmundur Alfredsson, Martinus Nijhoff Publishers 2001.