The objective of the Internship Programme of the Raoul Wallenberg Institute for Human Rights and Humanitarian Law (RWI) is to give university students and recent graduates with a special interest in human rights issues the opportunity to familiarise themselves with practical human rights work in order to complement academic studies in the field and to gain work experience. Read more.
Summary: RWI is seeking an intern for the spring term in Lund, starting January until late may/early June. We prefer that you are enrolled in university and do this internship as part of your degree, as the internship is unpaid.
Tasks: Under the supervision of the Head of the Communications Department you will mainly:
– Provide support and be assigned tasks contributing to the overall work of the Unit.
– Write and publish articles about our work for our website.
– Podcast: interview our partners,lecturers and edit for publishing.
– Social Media: mainly Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn
– Photograph our events, such as lectures and seminars.
– Plan events
Through the internship, the intern will, from a communications perspective, become more familiar with the role that academic institutions play in promoting human rights and gain practical experience in writing articles, interviewing, taking pictures, doing podcasts and event planning.
Upon completion of the internship, the intern is expected to write a brief report on the internship, also in order to provide input into the continuous evaluation and improvement of the Internship Programme. Following completion of the internship, the intern will be provided with a certificate.
Qualifications and Eligibility Criteria:
– Fluent in English
– Well-organised and self-motivated with excellent writing skills
– Good know-how of social media, and be able to work in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment
– Applicants should be flexible and able to take on initiatives
Application procedure: To apply, please send a letter of motivation, CV, and short writing sample to Gabriel Stein no later than December 10 2017.
Expected start date: Mid-January, 2018 (exact date negotiable) at our Head Office in Lund.