A workshop on library and information resource management focusing on strengthening the capacities of the Libraries and/or Resource Centres at NHRIs in Asia will be carried out in Kuala Lumpur 26 – 30 June 2012. The aim of the workshop is to find ways of how to effectively make use of available resources for the benefit of staff and external visitors by the enhancement of skills to manage and operate a human rights library in a cost efficient manner.
The topics of the workshop may include the following:
- Creating a virtual library
- Finding Human Rights Resources on the Internet
- Networking –building bridges
- Cataloguing, classification and indexing
- Ways of purchasing books and journals
- Marketing of the library and policy issues
The target group for the workshop are NHRI staff members who are working in an professional capacity at the NHRIs’ Library or Resource Centre. The participants originate from all over Asia, including Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Jordan, Malaysia, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nepal, Palestine, Sri Lanka, Thailand, The Maldives and Timor-Leste.
For more information about this event contact: